I’ve started a new painting after a few months hiatus. It’s been tough to start new pieces lately because I seem to keep moving. It takes time to get settled in to a new studio and feel comfortable. This painting, I hope, will finally take me back to a place I reached back at the end of college. It took me a few years for me to be fully satisfied with my paintings and see them as better than my drawings. I need this painting to do that for me; no pressure right?
- After a few paintings and experimentation, I’ve had enough time to feel comfortable with paint application
- Better quality painting surface; with linen, my paint strokes don’t get sucked into the canvas like on cotton
- Painting is the original idea, not an adaptation of a completed drawing
- Thicker and more confident brush strokes
- Completely developed concept; plenty of revisions and time to fix problems